Regular Public Meeting
Wednesday, September 28, 2022, 7:00 p.m.
Virtual Meeting Details:
For video participation via Zoom on a computer or mobile device, click this link:
https://us06web.zoom.us/j/82778640677?pwd=THJhYU52RGJTQ0hlVERKc0oxUlk1dz09. Meeting ID: 827 7864 0677. Passcode: 723729.
For voice-only participation on a telephone, dial (301) 715-8592. Meeting ID: 827 7864 0677. Passcode: 723729.
1. Call to Order & Roll Call
2. Administrative Items:
- A. Instructions re Participation in Virtual Meeting
- B. Consideration and Approval of September Agenda
- C. Approval of June Regular Public Meeting Minutes
- D. Treasurer’s Report, Approval of Quarterly Financial Report for the Third Quarter of Fiscal Year 2022 & Approval of Budget for Fiscal Year 2023
3. Commissioner Updates (if applicable)
4. Community Concerns: *Please use the “Raise Hand” button via Zoom or *9 via telephone to speak during community concerns. The Commission will provide additional details regarding how to present community concerns via the virtual meeting at the start of the meeting.* This is the time for questions or statements from members of the public about issues on the agenda or other areas of concern. Please limit your statement or question to one minute. You may also contact members of the Commission before and after Commission meetings.
A. Yamileth Escobar, Mayor’s Office of Community Relations and Services (3 minutes)
B. James Lewis, Office of Ward 4 Councilmember Janeese Lewis George (3 minutes)
C. Frazier O’Leary, Ward 4 State Board of Education Representative (3 minutes)
6. Presentation: Vicki Caudullo, Transportation Planner, District Department of Transportation, Riggs Road Connector Cycletrack (5 minute presentation; 5 minute discussion)
7. Presentation: Area Main Street Programs, Programming and Operations (20 minute presentation; 10 minute discussion)
- Laura Barclay, Executive Director, Old Takoma Business Association / Main Street Takoma
- Jessica Mailander, Interim Executive Director, Upper Georgia Avenue Main Street
- Gabriella Mossi, Executive Director, Uptown Main Street
- Edwin Washington, Executive Director, The Parks Main Street
8. Presentation: Pastor Robert Childs & HEP Developers, Berean Baptist Church Development Project (senior affordable housing), 924 Madison Street, NW (10 minute presentation; 5 minute discussion)
9. Presentation: Michael Simon & John Welsh, NHP Foundation, Map Amendment for Elm Gardens, 7050 Eastern Avenue, NW (10 minute presentation, 10 minute discussion)
10. Consent Calendar:
Letter of Inquiry: Requesting Additional Information and Action regarding DDOT’s June 27, 2022, Presentation to ANC 4B (Commissioner Palmer, Commissioner Yeats & Commissioner Brooks)
Resolution 4B-22-0901: Providing Feedback on DPW Zero Waste Plan (Commissioner Palmer)
Letter: Requesting Improved Operations at Advance Auto Parts, 6300 New Hampshire Avenue, Takoma Park, MD 20912 (Commissioner Brooks)
Resolution 4B-22-0902: Requesting Funding to Implement Rock Creek East I Livability Study (Commissioner Brooks)
Resolution 4B-22-0903: Supporting Request for Special Exceptions to Lot Occupancy and Rear Yard Requirements to Replace Rear Deck, 609 Quintana Place, NW (BZA 20788) (Commissioner Parks)
Next Regular Public Meeting: Monday, October 24, 2022, 7:00 p.m.