An ANC is a non-partisan, neighborhood body made up of locally elected representatives called Advisory Neighborhood Commissioners. They are a unique feature of the District’s Home Rule Charter.
The Commissioners, who serve two-year terms without pay, are elected at DC Elections in November in even-numbered years. The ANCs were established to bring government closer to the people, and to bring the people closer to government.
ANC 4B extends from Georgia Avenue to the West; Eastern Avenue to the East; and Longfellow Street, Shepherd Road, Missouri Avenue, Riggs Road, South Dakota Avenue, and Kennedy Street to the South. If you are unsure of which ANC you live in, check here.
Automatically Updating Resources
ANC 4B maintains several automatically updating resources to allow you to keep up with Commission activities.
- iCal feed of upcoming commission meetings
- Google Calendar feed of upcoming commission meetings
- RSS feed of posted agendas
- RSS feed of posted minutes
- RSS feed of posted financial reports
- RSS feed of agendas, minutes and financial reports
Richard Holzsager maintains an archive of the commission’s digital records prior to January 2018.