Regular Public Meeting
Monday, October 25, 2021, 7:00 p.m.
Virtual Meeting Details:
For video participation via Zoom on a computer or mobile device, click this link: https://streetjustice-news.zoom.us/j/84214249196?pwd=c3E0bzJmMFpoQ1JwVWFtNmhsVkduUT09. Meeting ID: 842 1424 9196. Password: 964318.
For voice-only participation on a telephone, dial (301) 715-8592. Meeting ID: 842 1424 9196. Password: 964318.
To watch (but not participate) via YouTube: https://youtu.be/Y5Ihh9wavAE.
- Call to Order & Roll Call
- Administrative Items:
- Instructions re Participation in Virtual Meeting
- Consideration and Approval of October Agenda
- Approval of September Regular Public Meeting Minutes
- Treasurer’s Report & Quarterly Financial Report for Fourth Quarter 2021
- Vote on Expanding Maximum Grant Amount
- Commissioner Updates (if applicable)
- Community Concerns: *Please use the “Raise Hand” button via Zoom or *9 via telephone to speak during community concerns. The Commission will provide additional details regarding how to present community concerns via the virtual meeting at the start of the meeting.* This is the time for questions or statements from members of the public about issues on the agenda or other areas of concern. Please limit your statement or question to one minute. You may also contact members of the Commission before and after Commission meetings.
- Anthony Mitchell, Mayor’s Office of Community Relations and Services (3 minutes)
- Tamira Benitez, Office of Ward 4 Councilmember Janeese Lewis George (3 minutes)
- Metropolitan Police Department, 4th District (3 minutes)
- Housing Justice Committee (2 minutes)
- Vision Zero Committee (2 minutes)
- Presentation: William Henderson, Executive Director of Operations & Dr. Tracy Wright, CEO, Paul Public Charter School, Community Engagement (5 minute presentation; 5 minute discussion)
- Presentation: At-Large Councilmember Elissa Silverman (or representative), Chair of the Subcommittee on Redistricting, Redistricting in Washington, DC (10 minute presentation; 5 minute discussion)
- Presentation: Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton (20 minute presentation; 10 minute discussion)
- Presentation: Peter Rankin, Associate State Director, Advocacy and Outreach, AARP, AARP FitLot at Lamond Recreation Center (5 minute presentation; 5 minute discussion)
- Consent Calendar:
- Resolution 4B-21-1001: Calling for Crosswalk and Intersection Improvements Within Advisory Neighborhood Commission 4B (Commissioner Palmer, Commissioner Brooks, & Commissioner Yeats)
- Resolution 4B-21-1002: Calling for Street Sign Replacement & Visibility Throughout Advisory Neighborhood Commission 4B(Commissioner Brooks)
- Resolution 4B-21-1003: Supporting Installation of Roof Solar Panels at 402 Aspen Street, NW (Commissioner Palmer)
- Resolution 4B-21-1004: Supporting a Comprehensive Coronavirus Testing Program in DC Schools (Commissioner Yeats & Commissioner Palmer)
11. Presentation & Resolution 4B-21-1005: Grant Award for Friends of Emery Heights Community Center (Commissioner Brooks)
Next Regular Public Meeting: Monday, November 22, 2021, 7:00 p.m.