Regular Public Meeting Agenda
Monday, May 22, 2023, 7:00pm
Virtual Meeting Details:
For video participation via Zoom on a computer or mobile device, click this link: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/83287696066?pwd=RWpZaEkvK01hQXY1N3NHeVJpWkVBdz09.
For voice-only participation on a telephone, dial (301) 715-8592.
Meeting ID: 832 8769 6066. Passcode: 262224.
- Call to Order & Roll Call
- Administrative Items
- Instructions for Participation in Virtual Meeting
- Consideration and Approval of Agenda
- Approval of April 2023 Regular Public Meeting Minutes
- Commissioner Updates
- Community Concerns
- Please use the “Raise Hand” button via Zoom or *9 via telephone to speak during community concerns. The Commission will provide additional details regarding how to present community concerns via the virtual meeting at the start of the meeting. This is the time for questions or statements from members of the public about issues on the agenda or other areas of concern. Please limit your statement or question to one minute. You may also contact members of the Commission before and after Commission meetings.
- Sophia Tekola, Mayor’s Office on Community Relations and Services (3 min)
- Barbara Rogers, Office of Ward 4 Councilmember Janeese Lewis George (3 min)
- Frazier O’Leary, Ward 4 State Board of Education (3 min)
- Representative, Metropolitan Police Department, 4th District (3 min)
- Housing Justice Committee (2 min)
- Vision Zero Committee (2 min)
- Community Safety & Support Committee (2 min)
- Mark Bjorge, Community Relations Specialist, Department of Aging and Community Living, Agency Mission and Services (10-minute presentation; 5-minute discussion)
- Cheryl Morse, Consumer Outreach Specialist, Office of the People’s Counsel, Agency Mission and Operations (10-minute presentation; 5-minute discussion)
- Arianna Gard, Director, Growth and Resilience Across Development Lab, University of Maryland, Result of Community and Resilient Environments Project (10-minute presentation; 5-minute discussion)
- Caren Garfield & Evan Goldman, EYA Multifamily LLC, Takoma Metro Station Project, 327 Cedar Street NW (HPA 23-288) (10-minute presentation; 10-minute discussion)
- Paul Tummonds, Goulston & Storrs Law Firm, Modification of Consequence for The Morris & Gwendolyn Cafritz Foundation, Art Place at Fort Totten – Block B Project (10-minute presentation; 5-minute discussion)
- Consent Calendar
- Letter: Noting Lengthy History of Requests & Calling for Action to Address Illegal Commercial Vehicles (Commissioner Yeats, Commissioner Palmer, Commissioner Brooks)
- Resolution 4B–23-0501: Supporting & Providing Recommendations on B25-0257, Hybrid Meeting Accessibility Act of 2023, to Ensure Accessibility & Inclusivity (Commissioner Brooks, Commissioner Palmer, Commissioner Gilligan, Commissioner Yeats)
- Resolution 4B-23-0502: Calling for Racial & Demographic Impact Analysis of DC Historic Districts (Commissioner Palmer, Commissioner Yeats, Commissioner Colson)
- Resolution 4B-23-0503: Calling for Greater Education Oversight and Accountability of DC Government Adherence to the District of Columbia Human Rights Act (Commissioner Johnson, Commissioner Cohen)
- Letter: Requesting Additional Information Related to Pre-Implementation, Execution, and Follow-Up of Lead Service Line Replacement Work Performed by DC Water (Commissioner Cohen, Commissioner Smith)
The next ANC 4B Planning Meeting is scheduled for June 13 at 6:30pm.
The next Regular Public Meeting is scheduled for June 26 at 7:00pm.
Contact your Advisory Neighborhood Commissioner:
- ANC 4B01 T. Michelle Colson (4B01@anc.dc.gov);
- ANC 4B02 Erin Palmer (4B02@anc.dc.gov);
- ANC 4B03 Zurick T. Smith (4B03@anc.dc.gov);
- ANC 4B04 Evan Yeats (4B04@anc.dc.gov);
- ANC 4B05 Kevin Gilligan (4B05@anc.dc.gov);
- ANC 4B06 Tiffani Nichole Johnson (4B06@anc.dc.gov);
- ANC 4B07 Michael Cohen (4B07@anc.dc.gov);
- ANC 4B08 Alison Brooks (4B08@anc.dc.gov);
- ANC 4B09 Audrey Walker (4B09@anc.dc.gov);
- ANC 4B10 LaRoya Huff (4B10@anc.dc.gov)