Regular Public Meeting Agenda
Monday, March 27, 2023, 7:00pm
Virtual Meeting Details:
For video participation via Zoom on a computer or mobile device, click this link: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/83287696066?pwd=RWpZaEkvK01hQXY1N3NHeVJpWkVBdz09.
For voice-only participation on a telephone, dial (301) 715-8592.
Meeting ID: 832 8769 6066. Passcode: 262224.
- Call to Order & Roll Call
- Administrative Items
- Instructions for Participation in Virtual Meeting
- Consideration and Approval of Agenda
- Approval of February 2023 Regular Public Meeting Minutes
- Treasurer’s Report
- Commissioner Updates
- Community Concerns
- Please use the “Raise Hand” button via Zoom or *9 via telephone to speak during community concerns. The Commission will provide additional details regarding how to present community concerns via the virtual meeting at the start of the meeting. This is the time for questions or statements from members of the public about issues on the agenda or other areas of concern. Please limit your statement or question to one minute. You may also contact members of the Commission before and after Commission meetings.
- Sophia Tekola, Mayor’s Office on Community Relations and Services (3 min)
- Barbara Rogers, Office of Ward 4 Councilmember Janeese Lewis George (3 min)
- Frazier O’Leary, Ward 4 State Board of Education (3 min)
- Representative, Metropolitan Police Department, 4th District (3 min)
- Housing Justice Committee (2 min)
- Vision Zero Committee (2 min)
- Community Safety & Support Committee (2 min)
- Presentation: Ingrid Bucksell, Communications Specialist, Office of Unified Communications, Discussion re: Commission Issues and Community Concerns (10-minute presentation; 5-minute discussion)
- Consent Calendar
- Resolution 4B-23-0301: Calling on District Department of Transportation to Assess Need for Bus Shelter Installations and Establish Dedicated Program for Installation and Maintenance of Bus Shelters Across DC (Commissioner Palmer, Commissioner Yeats & Commissioner Brooks)
- Resolution 4B–23-0302: Calling on District Department of Public Works to Install or Reinstall Public Trash Cans in Locations Within Advisory Neighborhood Commission 4B (Commissioner Palmer)
- Resolution 4B–23-0303: Calling on the Executive to Address Gap in Emergency Rental Assistance Program Funding (Commissioner Palmer, Commissioner Brooks, Commissioner Gilligan, Commissioner Yeats)
- Resolution–4B-23-0306: Calling for Better Performance and Oversight of the Department of Transportation of the Office of the State Superintendent of Education (Commissioner Yeats, Commissioner Brooks, Commissioner Palmer)
- Letter: Offering General Support for Proposed Map Amendment from RA-2 to RA-3 Zone for 6634 & 6640 Georgia Avenue, NW (Case No. 22-37) and Providing ANC 4B Housing Goals for Future Development (Commissioner Palmer, Commissioner Brooks, Commissioner Gilligan, Commissioner Yeats)
- Presentation: Phillip A. Gardiner, Director of Development, Megan Mitchell, Eric Colbert, and Jessica Bloomfield, Douglas Development, Discussion re: 6901 Willow Street, NW (20-minute presentation; 10-minute discussion)
- Resolution–4B-23-0304: Supporting Proposed Design for New Construction at 6901 Willow Street, NW (HPA 23-178) (Commissioner Yeats, Commissioner Palmer)
- Resolution–4B-23-0305: Providing Feedback on the Request for Special Exception at 6905 Willow Street, NW (BZA CASE NUMBER TBD) (Commissioner Yeats, Commissioner Palmer)
The next ANC 4B Planning Meeting is scheduled for April 11 at 6:30pm.
The next Regular Public Meeting is scheduled for April 24 at 7:00pm.
Contact your Advisory Neighborhood Commissioner:
- ANC 4B01 T. Michelle Colson (4B01@anc.dc.gov);
- ANC 4B02 Erin Palmer (4B02@anc.dc.gov);
- ANC 4B03 Zurick T. Smith (4B03@anc.dc.gov);
- ANC 4B04 Evan Yeats (4B04@anc.dc.gov);
- ANC 4B05 Kevin Gilligan (4B05@anc.dc.gov);
- ANC 4B06 Tiffani Nichole Johnson (4B06@anc.dc.gov);
- ANC 4B07 Michael Cohen (4B07@anc.dc.gov);
- ANC 4B08 Alison Brooks (4B08@anc.dc.gov);
- ANC 4B09 Audrey Walker (4B09@anc.dc.gov);
- ANC 4B10 LaRoya Huff (4B10@anc.dc.gov)