Regular Public Meeting
Monday, February 27, 2023, 7:00 p.m.
Virtual Meeting Details:
For video participation via Zoom on a computer or mobile device, click this link: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/83287696066?pwd=RWpZaEkvK01hQXY1N3NHeVJpWkVBdz09. For voice-only participation on a telephone, dial (301) 715-8592.
Meeting ID: 832 8769 6066. Passcode: 262224.
- Call to Order & Roll Call
- Administrative Items
- Instructions for Participation in Virtual Meeting
- Consideration and Approval of February Agenda
- Approval of January 2023 Regular Public Meeting Minutes
- Treasurer’s Report
- Commissioner Updates (if applicable)
- Community Concerns
- *Please use the “Raise Hand” button via Zoom or *9 via telephone to speak during community concerns. The Commission will provide additional details regarding how to present community concerns via the virtual meeting at the start of the meeting. This is the time for questions or statements from members of the public about issues on the agenda or other areas of concern. Please limit your statement or question to one minute. You may also contact members of the Commission before and after Commission meetings.
- Sophia Tekola, Mayor’s Office of Community Relations and Services (3 minutes)
- Barbara Rogers, Office of Ward 4 Councilmember Janeese Lewis George (3 minutes)
- Frazier O’Leary, Ward 4 State Board of Education Representative (3 minutes)
- Housing Justice Committee (2 minutes)
- Vision Zero Committee (2 minutes)
- Community Safety & Support Committee (2 minutes)
- Presentation: Christopher Dyer, Community Engagement Manager, Department of Parks and Recreation, Discussion re: Programming and Roving Leaders Activities (20-minute presentation; 15-minute discussion)
- Presentation: Linda K. Harllee Harper, Director of Gun Violence Prevention, Office of the City Administrator, Discussion re: Building Blocks DC and Gun Violence Prevention Efforts (20- minute presentation; 15-minute discussion)
- Consent Calendar
- Resolution 4B-23-0201: Calling for Traffic Control & Traffic Safety Plans in Establishing and Siting New DC Schools (Commissioner Palmer, Commissioner Yeats & Commissioner Brooks)
- Letter: Advisory Neighborhood Commission 4B Fiscal Year 2024 Housing Justice Budget Priorities (Commissioner Palmer, Commissioner Yeats, Commissioner Brooks, Commissioner Gilligan & Commissioner Smith)
Next Regular Public Meeting: Monday, March 27, 2023, 7:00pm