Regular Public Meeting
Monday, May 23, 2022, 7:00 p.m.
Virtual Meeting Details:
For video participation via Zoom on a computer or mobile device, click this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89234876272?pwd=ekx4MlpxNWgrd014OEZoSENnUWlDUT09. Meeting ID: 892 3487 6272. Passcode: 847782.
For voice-only participation on a telephone, dial (301) 715-8592. Meeting ID: 892 3487 6272. Passcode: 847782.
- Call to Order & Roll Call
- Administrative Items:
- Instructions re Participation in Virtual Meeting
- Consideration and Approval of May Agenda
- Approval of April Regular Public Meeting Minutes
- Treasurer’s Report
- Commissioner Updates (if applicable)
- Community Concerns: *Please use the “Raise Hand” button via Zoom or *9 via telephone to speak during community concerns. The Commission will provide additional details regarding how to present community concerns via the virtual meeting at the start of the meeting.* This is the time for questions or statements from members of the public about issues on the agenda or other areas of concern. Please limit your statement or question to one minute. You may also contact members of the Commission before and after Commission meetings.
- Anthony Mitchell, Mayor’s Office of Community Relations and Services (3 minutes)
- James Lewis, Office of Ward 4 Councilmember Janeese Lewis George (3 minutes)
- Frazier O’Leary, Ward 4 State Board of Education Representative (3 minutes)
- Metropolitan Police Department, 4th District (3 minutes)
- Housing Justice Committee (2 minutes)
- Vision Zero Committee (2 minutes)
- Community Safety & Supports Committee (2 minutes)
- Presentation: Everett Lott, Director, District Department of Transportation, Discussion re Commission Issues and Community Concerns (30 minute presentation; 20 minute discussion)
- High Turnover of DDOT Community Engagement Specialists
- Lack of Transparency and Action for Traffic Safety Investigation Requests
- Difficulties with Traffic Safety Investigation Dashboard
- Closure of 311 Requests Without Action
- Lack of Responses to ANC Resolutions and Changing Standards for ANC Requests
- Inability to Seek Action on Neighborhood-Wide Traffic Calming
- Hardening of Short-Term Traffic Safety Infrastructure
- Placement and Replacement of Traffic Signs
- Sidewalk Gaps and Repairs
- Specific Outstanding Requests – Commission Resolutions, Traffic Safety Investigations; 311 Requests
7. Consent Calendar:
Resolution 4B-22-0501: Noting Lengthy History of Requests & Calling for Four-Way Stop Signs at 6th and Butternut Streets, NW (Commissioner Palmer)
8. Letter: Supporting Affordable Housing in High-Needs Areas Tax Abatement for Takoma Metro Station Development (Commissioner Yeats, Commissioner Palmer & Commissioner Bromaghim – 2 minutes presentation, 2 minutes discussion)
9. Resolution 4B-22-0502: Maintaining Access to Abortions in Washington, DC (Commissioner Tiffani Nichole Johnson – 2 minutes presentation, 2 minutes discussion)
10. Resolution 4B-22-0503: Renewal of Alcoholic Beverage License for Oohh’s & Aahh’s Restaurant, LLC, 5933 Georgia Avenue, NW (ABRA-107879) (Commissioner Parks – 2 minutes presentation, 2 minutes discussion)
Next Regular Public Meeting: Monday, June 27, 2022, 7:00 p.m.