Regular Public Meeting
Monday, February 28, 2022, 7:00 p.m.
Virtual Meeting Details:
For video participation via Zoom on a computer or mobile device, click this link: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/84503125430?pwd=Zys4c1YvbUJkSGkvVThMbmhubWgwdz09. Meeting ID: 845 0312 5430. Passcode: 663804.
For voice-only participation on a telephone, dial (301) 715-8592. Meeting ID: 845 0312 5430. Passcode: 663804.
- Call to Order & Roll Call
- Administrative Items:
- Instructions re Participation in Virtual Meeting
- Consideration and Approval of February Agenda
- Approval of January Regular Public Meeting Minutes
- Treasurer’s Report
- Commissioner Updates (if applicable)
- Community Concerns: *Please use the “Raise Hand” button via Zoom or *9 via telephone to speak during community concerns. The Commission will provide additional details regarding how to present community concerns via the virtual meeting at the start of the meeting.* This is the time for questions or statements from members of the public about issues on the agenda or other areas of concern. Please limit your statement or question to one minute. You may also contact members of the Commission before and after Commission meetings.
- Anthony Mitchell, Mayor’s Office of Community Relations and Services (3 minutes)
- Tamira Benitez, Office of Ward 4 Councilmember Janeese Lewis George (3 minutes)
- Frazier O’Leary, Ward 4 State Board of Education Representative (3 minutes)
- Metropolitan Police Department, 4th District (3 minutes)
- Housing Justice Committee (2 minutes)
- Vision Zero Committee (2 minutes)
- Presentation: Eduardo Perdomo, Director, Mayor’s Office on Latino Affairs, Office Services (10 minute presentation; 5 minute discussion)
- Presentation: Christopher Dyer, Community Engagement Manager, DC Department of Parks and Recreation, Department Programming (10 minute presentation; 5 minute discussion)
- Presentation: Amanda Zander, Public Outreach Coordinator & Private Space Implementation Manager, DC Clean Rivers Project, District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority, Rock Creek Green Infrastructure Project B (10 minute presentation; 5 minute discussion)
- Presentation: Arianna Gard, Ph.D., Director, Growth and Resilience Across Development (GARD) Lab, University of Maryland, the Community And Resilient Environments (CARE) Project (5 minute presentation; 5 minute discussion)
- Presentation: Ward 4 Redistricting Task Force, Status Update (5 minute presentation; 5 minute discussion)
- Consent Calendar:
- Letter: Feedback Regarding the District Office of Unified Communication’s 311 for City Services (Commissioner Palmer, Commissioner Yeats & Commissioner Brooks)
- Resolution 4B-22-0201: Calling on the DC Library to Engage in a Community Process for Naming MLK Library Auditorium (Commissioner Yeats)
- Resolution 4B-22-0202: Calling on DCPS to Allocate FY 2023 Funding to Build Swing Space in Ward 4 (Commissioner Brooks)
- Resolution 4B-22-0203: Requesting Completion of Bike Lanes on Kansas Avenue NW between Chillum Place NW and Blair Road NW (Commissioner Bromaghim & Commissioner Tiffani Nichole Johnson)
- Letter of Support to Rename Lamond-Riggs Library in Honor of Lillian Huff (Commissioner Huff)
- Resolution 4B-22-0204: Requesting Vaccine Card Holders (Commissioner Huff)
12. Resolution 4B-22-0205: Supporting the District Office of the Attorney General’s Proposed Text Amendment Governing Zoning Commission Orders to Comply with Inclusionary Zoning and Green Area Ratio Requirements in Effect on Date of ANC Vote (Commissioner Palmer)
Next Regular Public Meeting: Monday, March 28, 2022, 7:00 p.m.