Regular Public Meeting
Monday, January 24, 2022, 7:00 p.m.
Virtual Meeting Details:
For video participation via Zoom on a computer or mobile device, click this link: https://bit.ly/ANC4BmeetingJan2022. Meeting ID: 838 5511 0535. Passcode: 907742.
For voice-only participation on a telephone, dial (301) 715-8592. Meeting ID: 838 5511 0535. Passcode: 907742.
- Call to Order & Roll Call
- Administrative Items:
- Instructions re Participation in Virtual Meeting
- Election of Officers
- Appointment of Representative to Walter Reed CAC
- Consideration and Approval of January Agenda
- Approval of November 2021 Regular Public Meeting Minutes
- Approval of 2021 Meeting Schedule (4th Monday, except September; recess in July, August & December)
- Approval of ANC Security Fund
- Treasurer’s Report and Quarterly Financial Report for First Quarter FY2022
- Commissioner Updates (if applicable)
- Community Concerns: *Please use the “Raise Hand” button via Zoom or *9 via telephone to speak during community concerns. The Commission will provide additional details regarding how to present community concerns via the virtual meeting at the start of the meeting.* This is the time for questions or statements from members of the public about issues on the agenda or other areas of concern. Please limit your statement or question to one minute. You may also contact members of the Commission before and after Commission meetings.
- Anthony Mitchell, Mayor’s Office of Community Relations and Services (3 minutes)
- Tamira Benitez, Office of Ward 4 Councilmember Janeese Lewis George (3 minutes)
- Frazier O’Leary, Ward 4 State Board of Education Representative (3 minutes)
- Metropolitan Police Department, 4th District (3 minutes)
- Housing Justice Committee (2 minutes)
- Vision Zero Committee (2 minutes)
- Presentation: Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton (20 minute presentation; 10 minute discussion)
- Presentation: Michael Alvino & Charlie Alexander, District Department of Transportation, Metropolitan Branch Trail, Blair Road to Piney Branch Road (10 minute presentation; 10 minute discussion)
- Presentation: Stephen Akyereko, Outreach Coordinator, DC Water, Lead Free DC (10 minute presentation; 5 minute discussion)
- Consent Calendar:
Letter: Oversight of the District Department of Transportation (Commissioner Yeats, Commissioner Palmer & Commissioner Brooks)
Resolution 4B-22-0101: Supporting and Providing Feedback on the Walk Without Worry Amendment Act of 2021 and the Safe Routes to School Expansion Regulation Amendment Act of 2021 (Commissioner Palmer & Commissioner Yeats)
Resolution 4B-22-0102: Supporting Construction of the Metropolitan Branch Trail from Fort Totten to Takoma (Commissioner Yeats)
Resolution 4B-22-0103: Requesting the District of Columbia Provide High-Quality Masks to Schools and Other Communities in Need (Commissioner Yeats)
Resolution 4B-22-0104: Reauthorizing Advisory Neighborhood Commission 4B’s Housing Justice Committee (Commissioner Palmer)
Resolution 4B-22-0105: Reauthorizing Advisory Neighborhood Commission 4B’s Vision Zero Committee (Commissioner Brooks & Commissioner Yeats)
Resolution 4B-22-0106: Reauthorizing Advisory Neighborhood Commission 4B’s Community Safety and Support Committee (Commissioner Tiffani Nichole Johnson)
Letter of Support to Rename Lamond-Riggs Library in Honor of Lillian J. Huff (Commissioner Huff)
Resolution 4B-22-0107: Supporting Rapid Tests to be Delivered to Seniors and Homebound Residents (Commissioner Huff)
- Resolution 4B-22-0108: Supporting Renovation of 145 Kennedy Street, NW (Commissioner Brooks)
Next Regular Public Meeting: Monday, February 28, 2022, 7:00 p.m.