Regular Public Meeting
Monday, April 26, 2021, 7:00 p.m.
Virtual Meeting Details:
For video participation via Zoom on a computer or mobile device, click this link: https://streetjustice-news.zoom.us/j/84214249196?pwd=c3E0bzJmMFpoQ1JwVWFtNmhsVkduUT09. Meeting ID: 842 1424 9196. Password: 964318.
For voice-only participation on a telephone, dial (301) 715-8592. Meeting ID: 842 1424 9196. Password: 964318.
To watch (but not participate) via YouTube: https://youtu.be/vx_oTRq4KK4
- Call to Order & Roll Call
- Administrative Items:
- Instructions re Participation in Virtual Meeting
- Consideration and Approval of April Agenda
- Approval of March Regular Public Meeting Minutes
- Treasurer’s Report & Approval of Quarterly Financial Reports for the Fourth Quarter 2020, First Quarter 2021, and Second Quarter 2021
- Commissioner Updates (if applicable)
- Community Concerns: *Please use the “Raise Hand” button via Zoom or *9 via telephone to speak during community concerns. The Commission will provide additional details regarding how to present community concerns via the virtual meeting at the start of the meeting.* This is the time for questions or statements from members of the public about issues on the agenda or other areas of concern. Please limit your statement or question to one minute. You may also contact members of the Commission before and after Commission meetings.
- Anthony Mitchell, Mayor’s Office of Community Relations and Services (3 minutes)
- Tamira Benitez, Office of Ward 4 Councilmember Janeese Lewis George (3 minutes)
- Frazier O’Leary, Ward 4 State Board of Education Representative (3 minutes)
- Metropolitan Police Department, 4th District (3 minutes)
- Housing Justice Committee (2 minutes)
- Vision Zero Committee (2 minutes)
- Presentation: Linda K. Harllee Harper, Director of Gun Violence Prevention, Office of the City Administrator, Building Blocks DC (10 minute presentation; 5 minute discussion)
- Presentation: Emily Tatro & Casey Anderson, Council for Court Excellence, District Task Force for Jails and Justice, (10 minute presentation; 5 minute discussion)
- Presentation: Sayra Molina, Program Analyst – Community Engagement, District Department of Transportation, (10 minute presentation, 5 minute discussion)
- Presentation: Amanda Zander, Seth Charde & Eric Lienhard, DC Water, DC Clean Rivers Project, (5 minute presentation; 5 minute discussion)
- Consent Calendar:
- Letter of Inquiry: Incident Involving the Office of the State Superintendent of Education’s Division of Student Transportation (Commissioner Yeats & Commissioner Palmer)
- Letter of Inquiry: Follow-Up Letter Regarding Commercial Vehicles on Residential Roads (Commissioner Palmer)
- Letter of Inquiry: Requesting Information regarding DPW’s Public Litter Can Collection and Zero Waste Efforts (Commissioner Palmer)
- Resolution 4B-21-0401: Supporting AARP Proposal to Install a FitLot at Lamond Recreation Center (Commissioner Bromaghim)
- Resolution 4B-21-0402: Supporting Renewal of Alcoholic Beverage License for Takoma Park Liquors, 6200 Eastern Avenue, NE, and Settlement Agreement (ABRA-019598) (Commissioner Brooks)
- Resolution 4B-21-0403: Requesting Removal of One Storage Container and Relocation of Another Storage Container by Playground at Lamond-Riggs Recreation Center (Commissioner Huff)
- Resolution 4B-21-0404: Requesting DDOT Provide Reserved On-Street Parking for Disabled Resident and Calling for Changes to Accommodate Disabled Residents in Non-Single Family Dwellings (Commissioner Palmer – 3 minute presentation; 3 minute discussion)
- Letter of Inquiry: Expressing Concerns About National Park Service Maintenance and Community Coordination (Commissioner Brooks & Commissioner Yeats – 3 minute presentation; 3 minute discussion)
- Presentation & Resolution 4B-21-0405: Support for the Establishment of the message establishment, Integrative Bodywork, Wellness Center Located at 6230 – 3rd Street, NW, (BZA 20468) (Commissioner Jocelynn Johnson – 3 minute presentation; 3 minute discussion)
- Presentation & Resolution 4B-21-0406: Supporting Construction of a Rear Addition at 732 Tewkesbury Place, NW (BZA 20462) (Commissioner Jocelynn Johnson – 3 minute presentation; 3 minute discussion)
Next Regular Public Meeting: Monday, May 24, 2021, 7:00 p.m.