Regular Public Meeting
Monday, September 28, 2020, 7:00 p.m.
Virtual Meeting Details:
For video participation via Zoom on a computer or mobile device, click this link: https://us02web.zoom.u/j/84214249196?pwd=c3E0bzJmMFpoQ1JwVWFtNmhsVkduUT09. Meeting ID: 842-1424-9196. Password: 964318.
For voice-only participation on a telephone, dial (301) 715-8592. Meeting ID: 842-1424-9196. Password: 964318.
To watch (but not participate) via YouTube: https://youtu.be/kPF-3QiSqxk.
- Call to Order & Roll Call
- Administrative Items:
- Consideration and Approval of September Agenda
- Instructions regarding Participation in Virtual Meeting
- Approval of July Regular Public Meeting Minutes
- Treasurer’s Report & Approval of Budget for Fiscal Year 2021
- Commissioner Updates (if applicable)
- Presentation: Lia Kuduk, Goodwill Ambassador and Community Organizer, Campaign to Decriminalize Nature DC, Initiative 81 (Commissioner Palmer – 5 minute presentation; 5 minute discussion)
- Presentation: Paul Kihn, Deputy Mayor for Education, Public School Reopening (Commissioner Yeats – 10 minute presentation; 15 minute discussion) [invited]
- Metropolitan Police Department, 4th District (3 minutes)
- Office of Ward 4 Councilmember Brandon T. Todd (3 minutes)
- Mayor’s Office of Community Relations and Services (3 minutes)
- Ward 4 State Board of Education Representative Frazier O’Leary (3 minutes)
- Consent Calendar:
- Resolution 4B-20-0901: Requesting Installation of Speed Humps and Additional Traffic Calming on Whittier Street, NW, between Blair Road, NW, and Piney Branch Road, NW (Commissioner Palmer & Commissioner Bromaghim)
- Resolution 4B-20-0902: Requesting Consideration of Speed Humps on 4th Street, NW, between Van Buren Street, NW, and Aspen Street, NW (Commissioner Palmer & Commissioner Bromaghim)
- Resolution 4B-20-0903: Requesting Speed Humps on Longfellow Street, NW, between Kansas Avenue, NW, and First Street, NW (Commissioner Brooks)
- Resolution 4B-20-0904: Requesting Speed Humps for the Unit Block of Sheridan Street, NE (Commissioner Bromaghim)
- Resolution 4B-20-0905: Supporting the Provision of DHCD Funding for 218 Vine Street, NW (Commissioner Bromaghim)
- Resolution 4B-20-0906: Urging the DC Council to Ban the Use of Gay Panic and Trans Panic Defense in Court Cases (Commissioner Yeats)
7. Resolution 4B-20-0907: Supporting Traffic Calming on 3rd Street, NE (Commissioner Brooks & Commissioner Huff – 2 minute presentation; 2 minute discussion)
8. Resolution 4B-20-0908: Addressing Pedestrian Safety Measures and Signage at Walmart Supercenter, 310 Riggs Road, NE (Commissioner Huff – 2 minute presentation; 2 minute discussion)
9. Community Concerns: *Please use the “Raise Hand” button via Zoom or *9 via telephone to speak during community concerns. The Commission will provide additional details regarding how to present community concerns via the virtual meeting at the start of the meeting.* This is the time for questions or statements from members of the public about issues on the agenda or other areas of concern. Please limit your statement or question to one minute. You may also contact members of the Commission before and after Commission meetings.
Next Regular Public Meeting: Monday, October 26, 2020, 7:00 p.m.
One thought on “Agenda – September 2020”