Regular Public Meeting
Monday, June 22, 2020, 7:00 p.m.
Virtual Meeting Details:
For video participation via Zoom on a computer or mobile device, click this link: https://bit.ly/ANC4BJune2020. Meeting ID: 856-6848-7792. Password: 237111.
For voice-only participation on a telephone, dial (301) 715-8592. Meeting ID: 856-6848-7792. Password: 237111.
To watch (but not participate) via YouTube: https://youtu.be/wdsE74ytMuY.
1. Call to Order & Roll Call
- Consideration and Approval of June Agenda
- Instructions regarding Participation in Virtual Meeting
- Approval of May Regular Public Meeting Minutes
- Treasurer’s Report
- Commissioner Updates (if applicable)
3. Presentation: Ellen Peterson & Caroline Fehr, Legal Aid Society of the District of Columbia, COVID-19-Related Legal Information (Commissioner Palmer – 10 minute presentation; 5 minute discussion)
4. Presentation: Michael Alvino, Samer Alhawamdeh, & Sayra Molina, District Department of Transportation, Metropolitan Branch Trail (Commissioner Yeats – 10 minute presentation; 10 minute discussion)
- Metropolitan Police Department, 4th District (3 minutes)
- Office of Ward 4 Councilmember Brandon T. Todd (3 minutes)
- Mayor’s Office of Community Relations and Services (3 minutes)
- Ward 4 State Board of Education Representative Frazier O’Leary (3 minutes)
6. Consent Calendar:
- Resolution 4B-20-0601: Requesting Traffic Calming and Safety Measures on Piney Branch Road NW from Eastern Avenue to Georgia Avenue NW (Commissioner Yeats)
- Resolution 4B-20-0602: Calling on MPD and DDOT to Address Speeding on Riggs Road, NE (Eastern to Nicholson) (Commissioner Huff)
- Resolution 4B-20-0603: Supporting Funding in FY2021 for Public Housing Repairs (Commissioner Palmer)
- Resolution 4B-20-0604: ReOpen DC Recommendations regarding Phased Opening of Schools and Childcare Centers (Commissioner Johnson)
7. Letter of Support for Renaissance Healthcare (Commissioner Knickerbocker – 3 minute presentation; 3 minute discussion)
8. Resolution 4B-20-0605: Calling for Divestment of Local Police Funding and Reinvestment in Community-Based Supports and Services (Commissioner Palmer and Commissioner Johnson – 5 minute presentation; 5 minute discussion)
9. Community Concerns: *Please use the “Raise Hand” button via Zoom or *9 via telephone to speak during community concerns. The Commission will provide additional details regarding how to present community concerns via the virtual meeting at the start of the meeting.* This is the time for questions or statements from members of the public about issues on the agenda or other areas of concern. Please limit your statement or question to one minute. You may also contact members of the Commission before and after Commission meetings
Next Regular Public Meeting: Monday, July 27, 2020, 7:00 p.m.