Regular Public Meeting
Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 7:00 p.m.
Virtual Meeting Details:
For video participation via Zoom on a computer or mobile device, click this link: https://bit.ly/ANC4BMay2020. Meeting ID: 895-4942-8082. Password: 237111.
For voice-only participation on a telephone, dial (301) 715-8592. Meeting ID: 895-4942-8082. Password: 237111.
To watch (but not participate) via YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExNOAObmzNU.
1. Call to Order & Roll Call
2. Administrative Items:
- Instructions regarding Participation in Virtual Meeting
- Consideration and Approval of May Agenda
- Approval of April Regular Public Meeting Minutes
- Treasurer’s Report
- Commissioner Updates (if applicable)
3. Presentation: Chancellor Lewis Ferebee, DC Public Schools, Mayor Bowser’s Proposed Budget (Commissioner Yeats – 10 minute presentation; 10 minute discussion)
4. Presentation: At-Large Councilmember Elissa Silverman, Guidance re Unemployment Benefits (Commissioner Palmer – 10 minute presentation; 10 minute discussion)
5. Presentation: Jason Sereno, Development Director, EYA, Proposed Development at 5543 South Dakota Avenue, NE (Commissioner Huff – 10 minute presentation; 5 minute discussion)
- Metropolitan Police Department, 4th District (3 minutes)
- Office of Ward 4 Councilmember Brandon T. Todd (3 minutes)
- Mayor’s Office of Community Relations and Services (3 minutes)
- Ward 4 State Board of Education Representative Frazier O’Leary (3 minutes)
7. Consent Calendar:
- Letter to Committee on Transportation and the Environment Regarding Performance Oversight of District Department of Transportation (Commissioner Yeats)
- Letter Requesting Audit of Office of Unified Communications (Commissioner Yeats)
- Resolution 4B-20-0501: Requesting Elimination of Two Parking Spaces on 3rd Street, NE (Commissioner Brooks)
- Resolution 4B-20-0502: Calling for Assessment and Plan to Broaden Municipal Internet (Commissioner Palmer)
- Resolution 4B-20-0503: Calling on MPD to Address Speeding on Riggs Road, NE (Eastern to Nicholson) (Commissioner Huff)
8. Community Concerns: *Please use the “Raise Hand” button via Zoom or *9 via telephone to speak during community concerns. The Commission will provide additional details regarding how to present community concerns via the virtual meeting at the start of the meeting.* This is the time for questions or statements from members of the public about issues on the agenda or other areas of concern. Please limit your statement or question to one minute. You may also contact members of the Commission before and after Commission meetings
Next Regular Public Meeting: Monday, June 22, 2020, 7:00 p.m.