Regular Public Meeting
Monday, April 27, 2020, 7:00 p.m.
Virtual Meeting Details:
For video participation via Zoom on a computer or mobile device, click this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82197261712?pwd=NFQ3V1dKR2dOb04wRUxsWUtNbjVBUT09. Meeting ID: 821-9726-1712. Password: 237111.
For voice-only participation on a telephone, dial (301) 715-8592. Meeting ID: 821-9726-1712. Password: 237111.
To watch (but not participate) via YouTube: https://youtu.be/Ht_Y3XPgQ-A.
- Call to Order & Roll Call
- Administrative Items:
- Instructions regarding Participation in Virtual Meeting
- Consideration and Approval of April Agenda
- Approval of February Regular Public Meeting Minutes
- Treasurer’s Report & Approval of Quarterly Financial Report for the Second Quarter 2020
- Commissioner Updates (if applicable)
- Presentation: LaDawne White and Rachel Coll, District Board of Elections, Vote Safe DC (absentee ballot requests, in-person voting, etc.) (Commissioner Palmer – 10 minute presentation; 10 minute discussion)
- Presentation: District Department of Aging and Community Living, Resources for Seniors related to COVID-19 (Commissioner Palmer – 5 minute presentation; 5 minute discussion) [invited]
- Presentation: Ward 4 Mutual Aid, Resources and Volunteer Opportunities related to COVID-19 (Commissioner Palmer – 5 minute presentation; 5 minute discussion)
- Metropolitan Police Department, 4th District (3 minutes)
- Office of Ward 4 Councilmember Brandon T. Todd (3 minutes)
- Mayor’s Office of Community Relations and Services (5 minutes)
- Ward 4 State Board of Education Representative Frazier O’Leary (3 minutes)
- Consent Calendar:
- Resolution 4B-20-0401: Supporting Request for Special Exception to Lot Occupancy Requirements to Allow Construction of Accessory Dwelling Unit, 7521 9th Street, NW (BZA 20209) (Commissioner Yeats)
- Resolution 4B-20-0402: Supporting Resident Only Parking Study for 7400, 7500, and 7700 blocks of Eastern Avenue, NW, 800 block of Juniper Avenue, NW, and 7500 block of 8th Street, NW (Commissioner Yeats)
- Resolution 4B-20-0403: Supporting Bike Storage Facility at East Entrance to Takoma Metrorail Station (HPA 20-221) (Commissioner Yeats)
- Resolution 4B-20-0404: Supporting Demolition of Two-Story Sleeping Porch and Construction of Open Deck and Replacement of Roof and Windows, 600 Cedar Street, NW (HPA 20-223) (Commissioner Yeats)
- Letter to Public Charter School Board Expressing Concerns about Rocketship Academy (Commissioner Yeats)
- Resolution 4B-20-0405: Requesting Speed Humps on 1st Street, NE (Commissioner Brooks)
- Resolution 4B-20-0406: Supporting DDOT Public Space Permit Application No. 348544, Proposed Chick-fil-A at 220 Riggs Road, NE (Commissioner Brooks)
- Resolution 4B-20-0407: Supporting Funding in FY2021 to Address Chronic Homelessness (Commissioner Palmer)
- Resolution 4B-20-0408: Calling for Long-Term Commitment to Full Vote-by-Mail Elections (Commissioner Palmer)
- Resolution 4B-20-0409: Expressing Gratitude to Essential Employees During the COVID-19 Pandemic (Commissioner Johnson)
8. Resolution 4B-20-0410: Supporting the Proposed Design for 300-308 Carroll Street, NW & 325 Vine Street, NW (Commissioner Bromaghim – 5 minute presentation; 5 minute discussion)
9. Community Concerns: *Please use the “Raise Hand” button via Zoom or *9 via telephone to speak during community concerns. The Commission will provide additional details regarding how to present community concerns via the virtual meeting at the start of the meeting.* This is the time for questions or statements from members of the public about issues on the agenda or other areas of concern. Please limit your statement or question to one minute. You may also contact members of the Commission before and after Commission meetings
Next Regular Public Meeting: Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 7:00 p.m.